Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pray for Baby Sam!

I'm not really sure how many people read this blog. When I started it, I really intended it for family who don't get to see Trey every day. I also hoped it would be an online diary of sorts, so that I could write things here and there about Trey without having to remember to pull out the baby book every time. But, over the months, I've had friends here and there tell me that they read the blog. I'm not sure why they do - it's certainly not as interesting as other blogs I've seen, particularly those kept by moms who work inside the home, and I've never been good about uploading pictures - but nevertheless, I know there are a few of you out there reading this right now.

So, I'd like to ask you, if you are the praying type, to pray for baby Sam. Little Sam was born today to my friend Erica (who was also a very close elementary and high school friend to Aunt Kacie). Erica and her husband, Travis, have a beautiful little girl, Emma. When they started trying for a second baby, they learned that Erica suffers from a blog clotting disorder that caused her to miscarry (and they also learned that Erica's healthy pregnancy with Emma was nothing short of a miracle!). Erica and Travis relied on their faith to get them through this difficult time, and they prayed and prayed that God would send them a child. God answered their prayers, and brought them baby Sam. Erica has chronicled this journey in her blog, ajourneywithfaith.blogspot.com. Her blog is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. It is so honest, touching, funny, and thoughtful. It is a perfect reflection of how precious and Godly a woman Erica truly is, not to mention how much she loves her little boy.

Erica and Travis learned about two weeks ago that baby Sam has at least one heart defect that will require surgery now that he is born. Since then, friends and family, and friends of friends and family, have been praying for baby Sam. Erica and Travis know about the power of prayer, so I ask that any of you who are reading this will join us in praying for baby Sam. Sam is currently in the care of Texas Children's Hospital, where they are assessing his needs. He couldn't be in better hands. And born at nearly ten pounds, Sam is lucky in that he should be big enough already for the surgery. It is such an exciting, yet scary, time for Erica and Travis. Please pray, pray, pray!!

No comments: